Happy Birthday to my husband, best friend and father of my children. I am very blessed to have this amazing man as my husband. CJ is caring, selfless, funny, lovable and hard working. He enjoys gaming, being in the mountains and playing with his girls. We wouldn't survive without him. Thanks for all you do. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
So, we finally went to the new Payson pool! My kids were so excited. I found that Makadee is not afraid of the water like Kirstee is. She was the first to go down the water slide, she was the first to put her head under and so on. At one point she decided to climb up the water slide. Right as she was going up, the big bucket dumped! She got a face full of water and took a little too much down. Made me very nervous! It took her a minute to breathe again, but she was right back at the top coming down again. Then a little while later, I turned my back for 2 seconds, and she ran over to the 3 ft deep area and jumped in!! I turned around just in time to see her jump. I got to her just as the life guard pulled her out. It was so scary!!!!! So needles to say, Makadee is not afraid of the water!
Kirstee surprised me this year by all that she would do at the pool. It only took Makadee going down the slide 2 times before Kirstee decided she could do it. And from them on she wasn't afraid of anything. She was even jumping into the 3 ft deep part (hence why Makadee decided she needed to,) and would run over when she heard the bell for the bucket and stand under it. Kirstee does not like the water in her face, so this was a big feat for her. I was ready to go home after 1 hour, because the air was cold and the kids were shivering, but I couldn't get Kirstee to leave.
All in all, we had a lot of fun. I can't wait to take them again, but I am going to find some kind of floating device for Makadee!
Posted by Heidi Rushton at 7:06 AM
Monday, July 14, 2008
Last night, after enjoying an evening at Grandma and Grandpa Rushton's for fhe, we put the kids to bed and went downstairs to play a game together. The girls were up and down with every excuse in the book to not go to bed! At one point they started to complain that there was a bug upstairs. We got mad and told them we would come squish it in a minute but they need to go to bed! At about 10:00 it finally got quiet upstairs. When we went up to go to bed, we discovered they had fallen asleep in Makadee's bed. With a bag of pretzels and all! Apparently they had been having a party without us. It was so cute! I couldn't resist taking a picture. In return for letting them sleep together, they decided to get up at 5:30!! (New pictures on the summer fun slide show.)
Originally posted on July 8th, just trying to get the picture to work.
Posted by Heidi Rushton at 7:43 AM
Sunday, July 13, 2008
1. Oh, I can't wait until I have a vacation.
2. Milk is the first thing I see when I open my refrigerator.
3. I never leave home without my cell phone.
4. If I were a condiment, I would be mustard because I like it.
5. Nosy people is really high up on my list of pet peeves.
6. The last thing I thought of before I went to bed was giving CJ a kiss.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going to Casi's, tomorrow my plans include cleaning the house and Sunday, I want to be lazy like always!
Posted by Heidi Rushton at 3:41 PM
Monday, July 7, 2008
1. Holidays in the summer are patriotic.
2. Steaks are my favorite things to grill.
3. My thoughts are life goes by too fast.
4.Time with my family is what I'm most looking forward to this weekend!
5. My favorite book so far this summer is The Host by: Stephanie Meyers.
6. Praying is the best way to begin a day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to FHE, tomorrow my plans include Shopping and Sunday, I want to relax!
Posted by Heidi Rushton at 10:14 AM