Friday, August 1, 2008

Swimming Lessons

 
Kirstee had the opportunity to take swimming lessons this year. She was also lucky to get to be in the same class as her cousin October. Actually all but 2 (Makadee and Trevor) of the Rusthon grandkids that live in Payson go at the same time. It is fun to get to watch all of them.

 
I have been very excited to see Kirstee progress as well as she has. She had a hard time putting her whole head under the water. She can now do "bobs" as she calls them and get her whole head wet. She is also learning to float on her stomache and her back.

 
Taking her to the pool is a whole new experience now. We went last night with Grandma Woodcox's ward and I actually got a little nervous with her. She used to be so afraid of the water that she wouldn't wander off on her own. Not the case last night! I kept having to find her and remind her I need to know where she is. I am so glad she is finally gaining confidence in being in the water.

 
As we were leaving this morning, Aunt Brianne told Makadee and Gavin to hold hands so we wouldn't lose them. It was so cute the way they were walking together. I couldn't resist the urge to take a picture. Makadee has been very mad at me since she doesn't get to do lessons this year. But she is surviving.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Cingolani's said...

Such cute photos! I can't believe how big they are getting! I know you are going to have your hands full for sure now between the two of them nt being so afraid of the water! Call me sometime and we will all go to the pool!

Royell Phong said...

It looks like Kirstee is loving the swim class. Boy that makes in nice, when they want to be doing things. Your pool looks really nice, is it the new one? Well My site crashed so I better get back to fixing it! Take care and will chat again soon.